Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Images from the Pujehun District

I apologize for the lack of updates to this blog over the past few weeks. We have been in the Malen Chiefdom in the Pujehun District for the past 3 weeks or so (in the South of the country). We were based out of Sahn and distributing mosquito nets and educating people about malaria in 30 or so villages surrounding that village. The villages ranged in size from 15 to 900 people, and are generally made up of mud and stick built huts tucked away in the jungle.

Below are couple images I was able to upload from my camera from the UNICEF office in Freetown (where I am right now). We have to go back to Pujehun on Sunday to organize the follow-up for the project, and then a couple of us are planning on doing some traveling around the country for a week or so.

I'll try to keep this blog more up-to-date going forward... but internet availability is pretty sparse around here.

(click on the pictures for bigger versions)
Our Reception in Bamba



Soccer Tournament in Sahn




Walking to Nyanyahun on the Bush Path


Sunrise in Sahn

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sweet bro, glad to see you're doing okay. Keep 'em coming. Wall St. misses you.

    Murph

    ReplyDelete