I don't have much time to write, and I really don't like reading long things on the internet, so here is a pretty unbelievable and novel experience in a foreign country condensed to a few bullets:
- Sweating constantly
- Little to no lights/power or running water (showers are out of a bucket)
- pretty much every price here is negotiable
- a de learn krio small small
- Went through some of the city slums, which are the worst living conditions I have ever seen (have pictures that I might try to put up, but connection is very bad)
- We leave for the provinces (rural villages) on Monday or Tuesday, and we'll be bringing 100 XO laptops (www.laptop.org) + solar panels, 4,000 long lasting insecticide-treated mosquito nets, 1,000 paracheck blood tests (malaria tests we will administer)
- We've met with a lot of high level public health officials here, which has been interesting
Those are just some things that come to mind. I can be reached by phone at +232 078 401509 (only call through skype or else it would be too expensive)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sam,
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting to hear from you. Do try to keep us up to date.
Love,
Aunt Kay (Twistedintexas... lady)
Thrilled to see that I can check in and see how you are doing and also get a glimpse of what you are experiencing. Sounds intense and gut wrenching and fascinating!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if there is something that I can do to help.... and be involved.. I should have asked David when I met him... but was distracted...
Stay strong
Keep it coming..
xx,
Ingrid (perfectbite)
Hi Sam
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to wear deodorant!
Love you.
Hi Sam- Thank you for keeping us posted when you can. You may not like to read long entries, but you are our link to another world, so we like to read them... love to hear about people and places- keep up the good work
ReplyDeleteDonna